This weekend I finished making fabric covers for my storage bench cushions.
I got the Martha Stewart storage benches and bins from HomeDecorators.com during a sale last Thanksgiving, but thought the accompanying cushion on top was a little too plain. (It is the same beige color as the trimming on the fabric bins).
I cheated by faking seams to minimize cutting. The edges you see are really one continuous piece of fabric pinched together and sewn on the blank side, instead of 2 pieces of fabric sewn together. This makes me look a little better at pattern-matching than I really am.
This was a quick project that required only 2 yards of fabric, and I had a gift card, so the total cost was $0 out of pocket.
Right now the bins hold sewing patterns and other things, but will make a great reading nook and toy storage for children later. =)