Here we are in May, and I still have a long list of costumes to make. So far this year I’ve completed a Game of Thrones King’s Landing dress, an Oberyn Martell costume, my Chemise a la Reine and some accessories. I have outfits planned for Costume College, and just for fun.
1. I need to finish my silk stays which have been put aside a few times in favor of other projects.
2. My chemise dress needs a new white petticoat. The ones I wore with it recently were ivory, which work well with the whole ensemble, but if I want to wear the cotton chemise dress by itself I need a white petticoat.
3. For one of the days at Costume College I plan to wear a Downton Abbey Edwardian maid outfit. (It will be nice and comfortable to attend class in it!) I have the vintage laces needed for the apron and cap, but need to purchase the black dress fabric.
4. Another outfit planned for CoCo is a Victorian bathing suit, which I will wear for the Thursday night pool party. I have the pattern and fabric (a striped wool blend), but I need lining and trim.
5. Just for fun, and to learn some new skills and work with new materials, I am planning to make Lady Tremaine’s outfit from the new Cinderella movie. Isn’t it so fun? I have been doing some research (for a future post!) and am in the process of accumulating fabrics for the dress. I don’t have a deadline for this outfit because I anticipate it will take a lot of work.
6. I recently acquired some lovely historical reproduction printed cotton fabric and plan to use it for an 1840s fan-front dress.
7. The 1850s silk plaid dress from last year still needs a belt and silk undersleeves.
It’s an ambitious list; let’s see how much of it gets done for 2015!
This is exciting! I look forward to your creations.
I hope I get around to all of them!
I cannot wait for all of these to be made! I especially love the Downton Abbey maid’s outfit!! What fun you will be!! Now hurry up and get them all done!
Thanks for the encouragement Gina!
Yes, ambitious. Now if ambition will coordinate with motivation and time, that will help things along. Wishing you well with your projects!
Thanks Kim! Luckily, not all of them are planned for specific events. If I have to, I can easily drop a project.