I don’t usually do an end-of-year review, but I finished more than I thought this year, so here we go! (My plans for 2016 are at the end of this post).
I made two chemise a la reines (one cotton and one made of sheer
striped silk) and wore them together to a few events.
I had fun frolicking in a tulle fairy tale skirt.
I made a wool-blend Victorian bathing suit.
I was a maid from Downton Abbey.
I retrimmed a bergere hat.
I attached appliques to a dress to make my Circulatory System outfit
for the Vampire Ball.
I finished the underskirt and overskirt for my Lady Tremaine costume.
I made new undersleeves for my 1850s silk plaid Victorian day dress.
My final project of the year was my 1840s fan-front Victorian day dress.
Goals for 2016:
- Finally complete my 18th century stays! I actually “finished” them months ago except for the binding on the eyelets, but took a break from most hand-sewing because of a wrist injury.
- Make the bodice for my Lady Tremaine costume.
- Trim a hat for Lady Tremaine.
- Sew a 1920s Egyptian Revival dress for a GBACG event.
- New regency gown – not sure day or evening yet.
- Make more PJs.
Wish list with time frame unknown:
- Black silk 18th century market hat
- Black chemise a la reine
- 1940s cocktail dress
- Fur muff
- Velvet cloak