Oh it’s already February! I feel like the winter holidays happened recently but it’s already past the time I should be tallying up my 2019 costuming year in review! Each year I’m pleasantly surprised at the amount I’ve been able to make; I attribute a lot of this to the fact that if I can machine-sew or serge I will to save time!
First up, I made an Edwardian dress to wear to a Monet exhibit.
I wore a cotton 1830s dress to a summer picnic. (The bonnet and pelerine were reused from my winter 1830s silk dress).
For a wedding at a science museum I made a space dress with battery-operated twinkling lights!
I made his and hers Roman-inspired costumes for a wine-tasting party.
For a late summer tea party I made some 1930s linen beach pajamas from a Decades of Style pattern.
I made an 1890s sweater, a wool skirt, and a Professor McGonagall-inspired deerstalker witch hat.
I have a tutorial for the 1890s sweater (no knitting needed!)
Plus a pattern for the witch hat!
For Rebel Legion I made a generic Jedi costume that consisted of an inner tunic, outer tunic, tabards, obi, pants, and hooded robe.
My last project of 2019 (not worn until early 2020 was the 1930s crane coat dress made from a Decades of Style pattern.
Once again that was more than I expected! I hope you had a productive 2019 and am looking forward to 2020!