This is a quick post to show I haven’t forgotten about the stays!
I finished altering the channel placement in the tabs and put in the boning. I had to redo the linen lining because the stays “shrank” once the boning was completed.
It is hard to get a good picture right now because the stays won’t lie flat anymore due to the curved fabric pieces and boning.
The lining is sewn in with some large stitches to hold it in place while I do the binding. I have some vintage rayon petersham to use as binding. It coordinates with the blue thread I used to stitch the channels. I plan to find some blue cord for lacing to make everything match!